Jennifer is a bit preoccupied with assisting her sister with the formalities of the passing of a loved one, so I hope I don't do any disservice to his memory by writing this blog post. Gerald, Gerry, or Papa Bear as Jennifer lovingly called him, is Jennifer's father. I believe he passed away on June 24th, 2008. He was 80. Grandpa Shepardson was a very talented man, a concert-level pianist and very intelligent. He did a wonderful job of preparing Jennifer to marry me, because he loved music, photography, thrift shopping, "STUFF", dry humor, bad puns, reading, sharing the knowledge of his passions, and sarcasm. I love him and was sad to hear of his passing. I'm not sure if I expressed to Jennifer my admiration for her father, but I certainly hope she knows that I have always felt him to be a kindred spirit from the day I met him face to face. We love you Papa Bear! You will be missed.
Miss Jileighan Greer Woolf was born on Wednesday, June 11th at 2:58 p.m. She was 6 lbs. 1 oz. and 21 inches long. She is beautiful (not that I am biased at all) and perfect!! Both she and I are feeling great! She was my longest labor - but 6 hours still isn't bad!! Once she decided she was ready to come she came quick. I was admitted to the hospital to be induced Wednesday morning at 5:00 a.m. The doctor came to see me at 9:00 a.m. I was dilated to 3 and he broke my water. We figured at that point it would go really quick (as Danny was only 2 1/2 hours). Jilly had other plans. My doc came back a couple of times and at 2:00 I was only to a 4. At 2:30 the nurse came in and said that Jilly's heart rate was dropping with every contraction. If I was at a 6 that would be fine because she was moving into the birth canal, if I was still at a 4 we would have to figure out what was wrong. She checked me and I was barely at a 6. She was standing at the computer inputting the up...
At our Enrichment we had a "Celebrate Her" night. It included tables to display our talents and then a talent show. A group of us got together and performed Dancing Queen like in Mama Mia. We had a great time!! Watch, laugh, and enjoy!! I am the one in the blue, silver and fringe (if you ask Greg, I looked like Janice from the Muppets). Mom is the Dancing Queen in the chair in the front. I love my peeps! You guys ROCK!! Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com
Comments