Gerald Shepardson has passed away.

Jennifer is a bit preoccupied with assisting her sister with the formalities of the passing of a loved one, so I hope I don't do any disservice to his memory by writing this blog post.

Gerald, Gerry, or Papa Bear as Jennifer lovingly called him, is Jennifer's father. I believe he passed away on June 24th, 2008. He was 80.

Grandpa Shepardson was a very talented man, a concert-level pianist and very intelligent. He did a wonderful job of preparing Jennifer to marry me, because he loved music, photography, thrift shopping, "STUFF", dry humor, bad puns, reading, sharing the knowledge of his passions, and sarcasm.

I love him and was sad to hear of his passing.

I'm not sure if I expressed to Jennifer my admiration for her father, but I certainly hope she knows that I have always felt him to be a kindred spirit from the day I met him face to face.

We love you Papa Bear! You will be missed.

Me, Jennifer and her Dad

Jen and Papa Bear Shepardson

Comments

Kates said…
Jen, So sorry to hear about your dad. Thank heaven for the gospel. Let me know if I can do anything for you!
Katie Hunt
Andie said…
So sorry guys. I can vouch for the sarcasm....I only met your dad a few times but he was a riot! See you soon, Jen.
The Atkinson's said…
Im so sorry Jen for your loss. If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.
Anonymous said…
I believe your father was the "Mr. Shepardson" that my siblings and I took piano lessons from fifty-some years ago. He was also a photographer, and took several pictures of our family in the early sixties. We have very fond memories of him! After six years of lessons under his guidance, I am now teaching piano myself, and earning money on the side using skills he fostered. My sister, brother and I extend our condolences to your family.
Anonymous said…
I believe your father was the "Mr. Shepardson" that my siblings and I took piano lessons from fifty-some years ago. He was also a photographer, and took several pictures of our family in the early sixties. We have very fond memories of him! After six years of lessons under his guidance, I am now teaching piano myself, and earning money on the side using skills he fostered. My sister, brother and I extend our condolences to your family.
Anonymous said…
to the anonymous post above:
Thanks so much for your comment. I'm wondering what your family looked like as kids- because we have so many beautiful pictures that dad took back then but no names on them. I know some were students and their families. I live here in the twin cities. If you think you might be interested in looking at the photos let me know. Thanks again!
Kathleen Shepardson Mock
kmmock@earthlink.net

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing Queen

That camera adds 10 pounds, right???