Card postmarked May 15, 1993

Outside the envelope read: PICTURES ARE ENCLOSED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR FLOWERS!

The card read:

Sometimes when things aren't going great for me,
I'll get a call from you that turns my whole mood around.
I think God put you in my life because He knew what a positive difference you'd make.
My relationship with you doesn't require that I be anything but myself,
Because you accept the real me.
I want you to know just how much that means and that of the many blessings in my life,
You're one of the greatest.

Dear Jen,

Hey Good Friend! I was most definitely surprised to hear from you. I was also very excited to hear your voice. I was quite serious when I talked of traveling to Minnesota but we will have to see what happens. My Dad said, "You can't get the cart before the horse, Son". My Dad did say that it is important to follow my dreams but to do it in the proper order. The big reason I would like to go up to Minnesota rather than have you come to Arizona first is so that I can meet your mother. So, I'll work on the trip to Minnesota and you continue to work on your plans to Arizona and we will see how it comes out!

Were you seriously serious about going climbing with me? It is very uncommon that a beautiful young lady like yourself would request to do that. This fills me with JOY! (maybe you'd better come to AZ)

Anyway, I'm running out of space. The "things" that I was talking about in the card that I left out of the tape were the abundant use of loving comments and lots of compliments. They were only left out on tape but still remained in my heart. I did not want my feelings or comments to be "made light of". I decided to keep most of these things down on paper and as you can see have sent a few of "those things" in this latter. You are one of the best friends I have and I feel blessed that you have shown interest in me!

With great admiration!
Elder Gregory S. Woolf :)

P.S. I sing for you everyday! Listen closely maybe you will hear!

Thanks for the flowers

* Please write soon!

**Also enclosed in this card are a few pictures and a HUG COUPON: Good for one hug, redeemable from any participating human being". Above it is an arrow that says look at that smile. And if you remove the coupon it says underneath it: All the more reason to come to Arizona.**

Comments

GeoWulf said…
Man was I ever a sentimental charmer.

Did I really write those things?
GeoWulf said…
I was pretty sure I was in love back then... Like I am now of course!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing Queen

Gerald Shepardson has passed away.

That camera adds 10 pounds, right???