06/17/93

Dear Jennifer,

Hey Beautiful! Well, today is my p-day so I guess it's the right day to be writing you. I was surprised to have received your many letters and the tape you sent. Mostly because I received them in one day.

In regards to your problem with your friend Kari. I am never surprised by the ways things turn out. It's good to see that you did the right thing even before you got my response. I guess by just asking it gets the old mind a thinking.

I am pleased to read that ties have been mended. I was also very pleased to hear that you followed through with giving someone a copy of The Book of Mormon. Many people never get this far and miss out on a lot of opportunities for important blessings. Be sure to follow-up and see what they have read and spur their interests.

"Mesa spirit, proud and mighty.
We're the class of 1990.
S-E-N-I-O-R-S
Seniors, Seniors, M-H-S!"
-Class yell

I will never understand why a person would go to bed so late, but oh well. I will have to be honest with you! I do have good and interesting dreams at night but they are mainly things that pertain to my mission and other missionaries. I do have good thoughts about you but it never seems to hit the dream world. I'm curious, do you really have dreams with me in them, and if so, what exactly do I do in your dreams? My mom had a dream about my dad once that she was upset by and it seemed very real so when she woke up she turned to him and she slugged him real hard. Apparently, he had been rude to my mom's best friend in the dream. So strange things can be dreamed about.

I am pretty sure they have Baccalaureate at every high school but if they don't. "yes" I am familiar with it.

Did your school get hit by a tornado or was there any nearby damage done? I have never been in a tornado but seeing one is awfully frightening.

Well, by now I am certain you have graduated and apologize for not having sent you something or written sooner. CONGRATULATIONS! I feel very rude for not having anything sent to you or anything. Here you went and sent me a tape and I didn't send a thing. I apologize profusely and ask that you forgive my selfishness.

I have just recently recovered from a vicious illness but my companion is not feeling any better. It is very frustrating when you are trying to do missionary work. I feel like Satan is really working on us hardcore.

I am pleased to hear that you have made some good friends you can share important things with. I am happy you have sought a blessing and help from the Lord. I have felt most recently that the question of marriage is very thought provoking. A lot of "what ifs" have come to mind but I know that all things will be answered in due time and I must not worry or think about it. The thing that sticks out the most in my mind is the thought that, when I do get married, it will be the right thing at the right time. So at least the thought process is flowing and we are both thinking about things we want to accomplish. I know for certain that it will be awhile before I will be in the position I want to be in before marriage. ANYWAY!

I am grateful to the Lord for allowing me the privledge of meeting so many wonderful "lifetime" friends. I have net many while in my missionary travels and I would like you to meet them all. Most of all I am grateful for the privledge of having known you as much as I do. I think at times how similar it is in getting to know the ancient prophets by reading their messages. Well, I don't know if you are bettering yourself for me or not but I feel that if you love someone very much you never let them get away with anything but their very best. This is definitely what I need in my life and so I always hope to give it to others. I do love you Jennifer!

Before I finish this letter I would like to leave you with a few thought provoking and humorous poems from a favorite poet:

I will not play at tug o' war
I'd rather play at hug o' war.
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs
Where everyone giggles
and rolls on the rug.
Where everyone kisses
And everyone grins.
And everyone cuddles
And EVERYONE WINS!

My Beard
My beard grows to my toes,
I never wears no clothes,
I wraps my hair around my bare,
And down the road I goes.

If you want to marry me, here's what you'll have to do:
You must learn how to make a perfect chicken-dumpling stew,
And you must sew my holey socks,
And soothe my troubled mind,
And develop a knack for scratching my back,
And keep my shoes spotlessly shined,
And while I rest you must rake the leaves,
And when it is hailing and snowing you must shovel the walk...
And be still when I talk,
And - hey - where are you going?

I love you!

Elder Gregory S. Woolf

P.S. Can you guess the poet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gerald Shepardson has passed away.

Dancing Queen

That camera adds 10 pounds, right???