Crazy scam...

.: (You really should read this first!) :.

OK - so I know I haven't blogged in FOREVER!! But I wanted to blog this to make sure that no one got caught as I almost did. So I was home today - Jilly was sleeping so it was nice and quiet at my house. I sat on the couch and was flipping through the channels. I watched a commercial for US Fidelis (one we have all seen many, many times). It is a company that claims they give you insurance coverage for your car so you never have to pay for any repairs again - even over 100,000 miles. With the fact that we have 2 vehicles that fall under that description I thought I would call and get a quote for coverage. So I call and talk to the guy. After a lengthy discussion, it sounded like a pretty good deal. I got Greg on the phone to discuss whether or not we should invest in this coverage. He was much more skeptical than I was. He asked a few questions and then my cell phone coverage disappeared (divine cell phone intervention????).

In the time it took for the guy at US Fidelis to call me back, I also managed to hop online and Google the company. The following are the top links:

Class Action Filed Against U.S. Fidelis Apr 10, 2009 ... A class action lawsuit has been filed against U.S. Fidelis in Missouri, adding to the woes of a company repeatedly accused of fraudulent and .....
www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/04/fidelis.html

Us Fidelis: Car Warranty Racket Exposed on Today Show Apr 30, 2009... US Fidelis exposed on NBC's Today show the Today Show recently aired a terrifically entertaining expose of US Fidelis, one of the biggest....
www.consumerist.com/.../car-warranty-racket-exposed-on-today-show

Rip Off Report: US Fidelis misleads the clients into believing... US Fidelis misleads clients into believing there getting a good warranty but there not!!! They scam us! Wentzville Missouri.
www.ripoffreport,com/US-Fidelis/.../US-Fidelis-misleads-the-client-B4CX5.html

Is US Fidelis a Scam? "Is US Fidelis a scam?" A viable question right now after the Missouri-based extended warranty company took some recent heat in the media...
www.southernmaledemocrat.com/is-us-fidelis-a-scam.html



When the guy called me back, I said to him, "It looks like you have some serious issues with your credibility in the media. I Googled US Fidelis and you have some serious complaints against you." He said "What do you mean?" I said, "Well, Missouri just filed a class action lawsuit and The Today Show did an expose that your company is a scam." He proceeded to tell me that with as many policies as they hold that there are bound to be some complaints. I told him that I completely understood that but that this seemed a tad bit bigger than a few customer service issues. I said "With today's economy as it is, I am not comfortable giving my money to your company. Thank you so much for your time."

I wanted to post this because had I not taken the time to look online (which I almost didn't) we probably would have given them our money. They sounds like a great deal - Aflac for cars. The concept is a good one - but the company is not.

Comments

Leslie said…
Whew! I'm glad you got good info before you committed. Good to see you in blogland. Share some more!

Popular posts from this blog

Gerald Shepardson has passed away.

Dancing Queen

That camera adds 10 pounds, right???