Words from my friend Kayte

I received this email from my friend Kayte. It made tears come to my eyes and my heart swell in pride. I thought I would post it for all of you to read.

HEAR HEAR KAYTE!!!

I just got back from exercising my right to vote. This is the 4th time I have had the privilege of voting in a presidential election, but today was the first time I felt the awe of such an important right, as I walked outside after voting I teared up at the thought of what an amazing country I am blessed to live in. What an amazing honor, right, and privilege we Americans are given. I hope all of you take the time to vote in this election regardless of which candidate you choose. I don't know if my guy will win, so far this election cycle I have been called a racist and narrow-minded simply because I disagree with some one's views , but I do know that regardless of who wins this election I will speak respectfully to others and of the president-elect. I may disagree with his policies and views but I will honor and respect the man who will hold the highest office in this land. I will not disparage the man because I disagree with his ideas. I ask all of you to do the same. We are all Americans. Let us show the world what that means. Let us come together, work together, agree that we may disagree, and let's treat each other with respect. Tomorrow, regardless of who will be the next president of The United States of America, I will be flying my American flag to show my patriotism, and that I respect and honor and love this country! I hope you will do the same.

Love,
Kayte

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing Queen

Gerald Shepardson has passed away.

That camera adds 10 pounds, right???