November Catch-up

I missed a few things in the last few weeks so I thought I would just do one entry and briefly tell you all about them!

For those of you who don't know I am the Webelos Scout Leader. That means I am the( as Greg likes to call me) Den Mother, for the 10 year old boys. I was very afraid to accept this calling - but I am having so much fun!! It has been very surprising! We went to the Casa Grande Ruins and had a man come up to us. He served in the military (he was wearing his dog tags and a military hat). He came up to Becky (my assistant) and I and thanked us for all we were doing to help raise responsible and good boys to become good and strong adults. Even now I get a bit choked up as I think 'NO, thank you for all you do for us!!'

Hunter is a Woolf (a wolf but I spell it my way!!) but he is almost done achieving all of his goals. I think he will receive his Wolf at the Pack Meeting in December.





Soccer finished for the boys on the 22nd. They had an awards ceremony and each boy received a medal for playing. They did a great job!! Jilly always came with me to the practices and the games. I love these pictures because she looks like she is all bundled up for the cold.





On November 21st at 12:01 a.m. I joined thousands of other Twilight fans (including a group of 10 of my friends) and saw the Premier showing of the movie. My date (Edward of course) was a complete gentleman!! Everyone screamed as we walked up and wanted to take their picture with him also. Being a gracious date, I allowed it. The line to get in wrapped clear around to the back of the theater. We had a great time. My friend, Sarah, has better pictures (that I am still waiting for). We made t-shirts and mine said: FRONT "Just because I am a WOOLF" BACK "Doesn't mean I can't love a VAMPIRE". I made "Bella bracelets" for everyone and Nikki brought us all vampire teeth. We had a GREAT time!!! Greg is such a wonderful husband, he took the 21st off of work so that I could sleep in. So, once I got up and the kids were still in school we went and saw Twilight again...so he could see it. He liked it!!





On the 24th I went with Danny's class to the Zoo for a field trip.



On Thanksgiving we went over to Cecily's. We had a great time! Thank you Cecily for opening your home and allowing us to all be together for dinner. The food was fantastic!! Obviously Greg enjoyed it! LOL

Even though it is a bit past Thanksgiving - I am so thankful for all of my blessings! I am thankful to have a husband who loves and adores me. He allows me the freedom I need to be me and overlooks my shortcomings. I am thankful for my children (the ones I have birthed and the ones I didn't) and the love they have for me. I am thankful they are patient with me. I am thankful to have a wonderful extended family. I now have many sisters whom I love dearly. I am thankful for the relationship I finally have with Kathy. I am sorry that it took us so long to get to where we are...but glad we are finally there all the same. I don't think I would have made it through the last year without you! But most of all....I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I am so thankful for the plan of salvation. I know that one day I will live with my family again. I know that my dad is finally happy. I don't know where I would be without this knowledge.



Now - the challenge for Thanksgiving this year was apparently what to do with Danny's hair. I admit that I let it go a bit...ok more than a bit. He was truly shaggy!! This is the most recent picture of him taken a few days before at the zoo.



Then Barbara gave him a haircut while we were at Cecily's. It looked great! But apparently he thought the front was too long so when we got home he took it upon himself to cut the front.



So the next morning I took the razor and shaved the rest of it!!



Lastly, on the 30th Jilly decided that she wanted to sit up and see the world. So she did. She still falls over but she can sir for a little bit. She is getting so big!!






Comments

Cecily said…
I know you are busy, but reading your blog really makes things seem like even more of a whirlwind. I can't believe Jilly (Jileigh) is sitting up already. That is one cute baby, btw. I like seeing all your pictures. I really need to do better at taking pictures of events so that I can post them.
Love ya,
Ces
Vera said…
Jen,
Hope you don't mind me peeking in at your blog. You are great! What a wonderful time to be a Mom! Thanks for the Bella bracelets and the fun night out to Twilight! Jillian is so cute - and getting so big!

Popular posts from this blog

Dancing Queen

Gerald Shepardson has passed away.

That camera adds 10 pounds, right???